How to safely remove a tick:
- Using a pair of fine-tipped tweezers, gently grasp the tick as close to the skin as possible.
- Taking care not to squeeze the body, grasp the tick by the mouthparts and pull directly up and out of the skin.
- Once the tick has been removed, wash the area with soap and water, followed by an antiseptic.
- Check to ensure that no pieces of the tick have remained embedded in the skin.
- For more information, please visit https://canlyme.com/lyme-prevention/tick-removal/.